Why worry about power quality events ?
- Demonstrate and document improvements: disturbances on AC grid, no disturbances on DC grid.
- Unexpected intermittent equipment failures in data centers are expensive, and difficult to diagnose.
- Quickly attribute (or rule out) power quality as the cause of failures. Pays for a PQube in one or two avoided service calls.
- If the problem is power quality, is it caused by the electrical supply from your utility, or problems within your data center? You need the PQube to find out.
Why monitor energy usage?
- To save energy, first you must monitor it.
- Know the load distribution within your data Get daily, weekly, and monthly energy consumption trends, and receive this information in a consistent and easy-to understand format.
- Determine if you can operate more servers without having to increase your electrical system.
- Avoid peak charges from your utility: smooth out energy usage and reduce consumption during peak cost periods.
- The tiniest full-featured monitor Perfect for embedding in server racks and electric panels.
- Monitors both AC and DC
- AC: Direct UL-recognized connection to 480Vac (690Vac L-L), 3-phase delta, wye, or single-phase.
- DC: +/-60Vdc, +/-300Vdc, +/-600Vdc, +/-1200Vdc ranges.
- 15 kHz sampling, DC and AC disturbance capturing. 1-microsecond impulse detection on AC.
- AC and DC waveforms, daily/weekly/monthly min/avg/max trends, statistics.
- Two humidity and temperature monitoring ports – for local and remote, or inside and outside readings.
- Lab-grade accuracy means you don’t miss any power quality events. Energy data accurate enough to reliably measure improvements.
- User-friendly – even does your carbon calculations for you.
- Plug and play – just connect it to your power. The PQube automatically figures out your power configuration, and immediately starts recording disturbances, trends, and statistics.
- Snap to read – pictures and spreadsheet files are generated straight from your PQube.
- Universal access – instant email event notifications, SD card, and built-in web server and
FTP server too.
- No software required – no learning curve, no up-front expense, no upgrades, no annual
- Low cost – payback time typically measured in weeks.
This article republish with due permission from our principle www.powerstandards.com