The ASTeL 3.24-xx Smart meter testing system is a fully automatic multi-position test system, which performs the calibration and verification of three/single phase smart energy meters. The design of the test system and its components uses the latest state of art of technological innovations such as digital signal processing and signal synthesis with high precision and quality.
The test system is suitable to carryout following tests/tasks on smart meters.
- Accuracy test in all four quadrants (active, reactive and apparent energy)
- No-load test (creep test)
- Starting current test
- Register test (dial test)
- Meter constant test
- Pulse input and output test
- Influence quantity test (voltage, frequency, phase sequence, harmonic distortion, etc.)
- Calibration of reference standard having lower accuracy than the employed reference standard
- Dips & interruptions
- Ripple control
- Testing single phase meters under tampered conditions
- Calibration of N-channel
- Power consumption test (Automatic) *
- Communication with MUT *
The testing system is high customized, numerous positions and various features are included as per customer requirements
The test system is designed and suitable for testing of smart meters in large volume at production stage. Hence productivity, process efficiency, production times, automation has been given high priority in considering each aspects of solutions. Starting from source, connectivity and multiple testing can be accomplished in single connection, high degree of automation and many more. It is a highly customized product as per customer’s requirement.
The system has following advantage as compare to others
- Highly stable, powerful, precise and reliable source
- Faster setting time of test parameters
- VA rating of source is catering present need and having reserve to expand in future for additional test position. This will save future expansion cost
- High-precise reference standard having long term proven stable metrology.
- Higher VA rating and precision of ICT
- Special design of quick connectors
- Communication with MUT at each test position as per DLMS / IEC 62056 which allow to calibrate/adjust the meter, programme the meter automatically.
- Power consumption module, which allows to perform power consumption test in voltage and current circuit automatically.
- Highly efficient, automated and multiple task can be performed on the same test bench, thus avoiding multiple time connection and removal of meter under test
- Possible to conduct, harmonic testing, special test like voltage dips and interruption
- N Channel calibration facility
- Quick mounting of all scanning head and communication probe at once for all meters under test (MUT), which will save production time in fixing scanning head and communication probe.
Component of Smart Meter Test System
Automatic Power Source
The power stage of the source VIS & CIS utilizes the PWM technology and is driven by an on-board DSP signal generator. The internal DSP controlled digital feedback loops and advance algorithm ensures the multi benefits. The power source offers the following advantage
Meter Mounting Rack
Meter Mounting Rack are light weight and specially designed as per customer’s requirements , such as
High Precision Reference Standard
The test system allows to use self-made reference standard and other reputed brand such as Radian Research Inc USA. The latest series of RX offers the following advantage
Error Calculator and Indicator
The IPO-S error calculator is an individual stand controller and a key component of the ASTeL range of solutions. Its primary tasks are:
Isolating Current Transformer
The isolating current transformer is used for testing of closed link meters. The built-in electronic compensation system guarantees excellent metrological properties over the entire operating range and ensuring the high output power at the same time. The high precision and negligible influence on the overall system accuracy enables it to use for the testing of CTVT operated class 0.2S meters.
Power Consumption Module
Power consumption module is useful for testing of power consumption of smart meters on the same test bench without removing the meter, thus increases the productivity and eliminates the need of an extra instrument like multimeter source.
Measuring power consumption is a quality parameter to ensure the component quality and any variation due to production process